Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Creamy Goat Cheese and Kale topped Portobello

So I wanted to try something a little different and when I came across this recipe and knew I had to try it. I just recently started eating portobello mushrooms (Steve made me try them) and I actually really like them now. They are healthy, filling and delicious! I never liked mushrooms but now they are growing on me. I was hesitant about working with the kale because I have only ever used Kale to make Kale chips in the oven but it ended up turning out great and really filling. Here's the recipe, I'll definitely be making this again. Could be used as a small meal or as a side dish. 

What you need
-Large portobello mushroom
-Kale 
-Olive oil 
-Goat Cheese
-Garlic
-Sun dried tomatoes
-Salt and Pepper to taste

What to do
Roast the mushrooms in the oven until they start to get brown and juicy. Meantime in a frying pan add the oil and garlic and then the kale and let it all cook down. Once the kale has cooked down add the goat cheese and chopped sun dried tomato and watch it all melt together then put it on top of the mushroom and put it back in the oven for another few minutes. 


1 comment: