Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wine Tasting



So Steve and I have been trying to come up with some new fun ideas for a date night. One idea that we came up with was wine tasting. I’ve only done it once when I was 21 and I didn’t really like wine back then so I think this might be fun because I will have more of an appreciation for it (that’s what Steve tells me). 

We were doing some research to find a nice vineyard near us and we came across Grape Creek. My cousin went there one time and said it was absolutely GORGEOUS! She also said that we can take a tour of the vineyard which I think would be so fun to do!

So ever since we decided to go wine tasting, I’ve been totally obsessing with finding out everything I can about wine so I can pretend to be an expert. I think I’ve been to every wine blog and website out there. One blog that I really enjoy reading is 1 Wine Dude. He talks about different vineyards and types of wine. It’s getting me really excited!

I also checked out Bloomberg’s wine news to see if there is anything new out there that I should know about. They have a ton of great information and helpful wine reviews. So far, I am definitely still an amateur. Maybe after our trip, I will actually know what I’m talking about….somewhat :)

I will be sure to post pictures after our trek out to Fredericksburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment