Friday, September 21, 2012

Nanny's Italian Butter Cookies

These are my absolute favorite cookies ever! My Nanny (Dad's mom) always makes these for the holidays and every year I look forward to eating at least ten or twelve. Steve loves them too, I always catch him going back for more. He also dips these in the funfetti cake dip which I have in the fridge for the party later (gross i know). Heres the recipe hope you like it as much as I do! 

What you'll need
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla 
Once you have all the ingredients mix them together and then put the dough in the fridge for a few hours- this makes it easier to work with. 

 Then take it out and on a clean flat surface roll it out using extra flour so it doesn't stick to the table. 
Cut into long strips and roll it out so you can shape it into the pretzel shape(see below) its not complicated just twist it around! 
Then bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. When the cookies have cooled it is time to decorate them.
 -Mix confectionary sugar with a few drops of milk until it has the consistency of thick syrup then add the food coloring of your choice and paint on the cookies. While the icing is still wet put some on and enjoy! 



1 comment:

  1. could u make these and send them to me please. it be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete